No announcement yet.

Reading Pane - Microsoft Outlook 2007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Pane - Microsoft Outlook 2007

Hi there,

I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for quite sometime it was working well till yesterday. The email preview is not available in the reading pane anymore and when I try to access different folders; it shows a message of "loading" and never loads up. Also, the outlook does not shutdown completely, I have to end the process from the task manager. I don't know what made this happen.

I tried to restarting the system and also used a registry cleaner to clean the registries in the system. Disabled the thrid party addins and checked but the issue still exists.

I have tried to access other profiles in the same outlook 2007 they work fine. Currently for the time being I have created a new profile and using the same outlook 2007.

I need the emails and contacts in the previous profile of outlook 2007 as they are very important to me (they all are business mail). I would be very thankful if any body can provide some help in relations to this. Thanks for reading.

Re: Reading Pane - Microsoft Outlook 2007

try, in this order:

run ScanPST or ScanOST

Logon to Outlook Web Access, and try viewing the first email in the mailbox. If you can, move it to another folder, then try outlook client again. If that doesn't work, start outlook using the following command switches

outlook /cleanprofile
    outlook /cleanviews
    outlook /nocustomize
    outlook /resetnavpane
    outlook /safe

Recreate a new outlook profile.

Review the following link - it will tell you what those commands will do

If you'r still having trouble, run a repair on Office 2007
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Reading Pane - Microsoft Outlook 2007

Hi there,

Sorry I am getting back a little late. Ok I did run all that you said but the problem still exists.
      So I have upgraded my outlook 2007 to outlook 2010 32-bit (which I was thinking of doing anyway). Also, I have downloaded a outlook email extractor (Recovery Toolbox for Outlook) from the .pst file (just in case). I have all my emails and contacts extracted from the outlook 2007 pst file and with the new outlook 2010 I pointed the pst file back to this one and it started working. Now I can access all old emails and works fine as normal.

The only thing that is not getting along with the new OUtlook 2010 is my add-in (Database Add-in), it doesn't connect and shows an error message:
      Retrieving the COM Class factory for component with CLSID {29AB7A12-B531-450E-8F7A-EA94C2F3C05F} error:80040154. Any comments?

Thanks for your tips previously but would appreciate if you can throw some light on this.