Export/Import mailbox via PST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export/Import mailbox via PST

We moved a client off of on prem exchange to Office 365 this past weekend. When I arrived out there Friday, I exported their mailbox (Full Mailbox, all folders included) to a PST file. Once I got their O365 software installed, I connected their mailboxes and transferred their mail. Each user only had, at most, 100MB of mail so we're not dealing with a ton of mail here.

Anyway, I noticed today that their contacts appear to be non-existent. Like they didn't get exported when I did the initial export of the full mailbox.

Any ideas?
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Why not just import the PST using Office 365? Or even easier would have been to migrate their mailboxes as it does all that for you.

Comment

Because it was 4 people with less than 6MB of mail each. It actually imported for everyone else, just not this one user. Now I'm looking for a free OST to PST converter...
      I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
      Todd

Comment

If you are looking for migration of Office 365 to PST or PST to Office 365 then you can go with <PLEASE DO NOT TRY AND ADVERTISE FOR FREE>
        Last edited by wullieb1; 20th June 2018, 12:19.

Comment

Where to find best tech info?

Comment

Originally posted by Stark_Man View Post
            Where to find best tech info?
            Here, obviously....
            . Perhaps if you tell us what information you would like to find, you might get some better help.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can use softaken free PST to Office 365 software ,this software will help you to convert emails from PST to Office 365 file format. Softaken is a free tool to convert your all emails from PST to Office 365.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelberry View Post
                You can use softaken free PST to Office 365 software ,this software will help you to convert emails from PST to Office 365 file format. Softaken is a free tool to convert your all emails from PST to Office 365.
                Damn, doesn't that sound exactly like it was Copy 'N Pasted from the website promo page.

Having just done a migration from Exchange 2010 to O365 on the weekend, I can say it was dead simple to export the email to a PST and then import the PST to O365. Contacts, email address hints, calendar, reminders etc were all there when finished. Why dick around with a third party tool when in this case Microsoft actually works as advertised.

[EDIT] Just read your Flag Tom and I agree. You can borrow mine if needed. Click image for larger version  Name:	ban-key.gif Views:	3 Size:	19.7 KB ID:	517954
                Last edited by biggles77; 28th August 2018, 20:56.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X