default browser in Outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default browser in Outlook

I'm having an issue changing the default Browser in Outlook 2016, running on windows 10.
    if I open a mail message, and click the open in a browser, it opens WORD by default.
    I've set my browser (Firefox) as the default, and done all the other things that i can find on changing it within outlook.
    it still opens WORD.
    Any one have any ideas
    Redearl
    Congress is like diapers; It should be changed regularly as it gets full of the same thing..

I've had a look at my system and it appears that when you open the attachment it will open it as a .mht attachment

C:\Users\wullieb1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ INetCache\Content.Outlook\SSFE19PS\email (003).mht

Go into the Default Apps by file type and set this to IE or Firefox and see if that resolves it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      I tried that, and it caused other errors.
      File not found, the path it listed did not exist, so some thing else is screwed up..
      Here is the path /C:/Users/XXXXxX/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/S91YWTG0/email.mht.that is reported in Firefox.
      Redearl
      Congress is like diapers; It should be changed regularly as it gets full of the same thing..

Comment

Working...
      X