This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to convert ost to pst

I have 38 Gb ost file and when I was exporting ost file to pst in Outlook 2016, but ost file did not work to transfer to pst.

Can anyone advise me "how to convert ost to pst"?

IIRC there is still a 20Gb limit on PST files, so maybe exporting in smaller chunks may solve your problem

Note to other posters - threads like this have, in the past, become spam magnets. Call me the Grinch if you like, but any "one post wonders" with links to commercial software WILL BE BANNED.

Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

FYI, Outlook 2003 & 2007 were both 20GB PST limited. Outlook 2010, 2013 & 2016 have a 50GB limit but you have to allow that expanded limit with a Regedit.

Comment

Actually I have 3 different my .ost files: 12, 16, 10 Gb size of my .ost file. All total are 38 GB.

Comment

Can you give us a few more clues - you started with "a 38Gb OST file" now you have 3 - presumably in three profiles?
          What errors do you get?
          What is in the event logs?
          Have you tried exporting from the mailbox(es) using PowerShell?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks everyone who try to helping me

Now, finally solved my issues by this methods:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...erter-f5b81953

Last edited by rubysingh; 19th September 2017, 17:12.

Comment

Well done for solving it!
              JJKing - thanks for that info - I was blissfully unaware the size had been increased (although for many ot my mail hoarders, 50Gb will soon be too small!)
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

You can try this manual solution-

1- Launch the MS Outlook application
                2- Go to Tools Menu > Account settings > Email account > More settings
                3- Now click on the Advanced tab and then select "Use cached Exchange Mode" checkbox
                4- Click Offline Folder File Settings and then locate the OST file by clicking on Browse button

Start Outlook again.

Now, click File -> Import and Export -> Export to a file -> Personal Folder File (PST)

Comment

many thanks for your recommendation

I have had exchange.ost backup about 38.7GB and was converted it with quickly by KDETools software from here:
                  [URL removed by Moderator There is a trial version of this tool so if you want to try it you can Google the name. Advertising by first time posters is frowned upon.]

I was saved all my valuable emails database, contacts from .ost file to .pst file format now successfully import in outlook 2016.

-----
                  thanks
                  Last edited by biggles77; 17th September 2017, 14:36.

Comment

mulitple options available for migrating ost to pst file format. i searched over internet and found few good solution and read there reviews. you can also try any tool

1 - Softaken OST File Exporter
                    2 - GainTools OST Converter
                    3 - Mailvare Free OST file Converter
                    4 - Free Spikevare Outlook OST Converter
                    5 - Datavare OST to PST Converter

there are multiple OST file converter software that converts same files. you can also search and try.

Comment

Working...
                    X