Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Office Auto Replies

Dear all,

Someone might have asked this question before, but hope that you guys can help me to understand the logic.

If i set up an out of office auto reply from 5/Dec/16 to 10/Dec/16. How will exchange server handle this situation whereby a person send me for example five emails to me on 6/Dec. Will the sender receive five auto replies or just one? My testing shows that the sender will only receive once, but why?
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Normally it is just one OOF message per sender (that is standard behaviour in Exchange)
    To autoreply to every message, you will need a client side rule (so your PC will need Outlook left running)
    See https://social.technet.microsoft.com...m=exchange2010 for more general info on this
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by ususim View Post
      Dear all,

Someone might have asked this question before, but hope that you guys can help me to understand the logic.

If i set up an out of office auto reply from 5/Dec/16 to 10/Dec/16. How will exchange server handle this situation whereby a person send me for example five emails to me on 6/Dec. Will the sender receive five auto replies or just one? My testing shows that the sender will only receive once, but why?
      Because Exchange deems one reply to be enough. I'm assuming this is for performance reasons as well as to prevent email loops (what if the recipient also has OOF active), and also to prevent annoying people with OOF messages for every email they send.

Comment

Working...
      X