Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook on an XP machine

This is only happening to one user on my network:
    I can send him a dozen emails, and when he has outlook open not a single one will show up until he opens up a different message, or interacts with Outlook in some way.

He is not the only person on the network with this type of computer (IBM Thinkpad laptop, 512MB RAM, XP Pro, Office XP), but he is the only one with this problem.
    When someone sends an email to me, and I have outlook open, it automagically shows up in my inbox and puts an envelope in the taskbar.

Exchange is on an NT server, Service packed up as late as possible.

Any ideas on how to make new mail immediately show up in his inbox?
    Right now I set a send/receive to happen every minute. This isn't the best way to fix it though.

Thanks a lot
    "One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse."
    -- Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Just verifying:

The user is set to use Exchange services, or POP3?

Comment

Exchange.
      "One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse."

Comment

I had this same problem! Just upgraded a few computers to XP w/ Outlook 2K...will dig up answer, forget what I did to correct it....

Comment

i also got this problem on several machine's and i just found out that it will occur without windows messenger.

so, outlook XP uses windows messenger.. some how... don't know why or how, but i know it is...
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

He has windows messenger on that computer, it isn't logged in or anything, but it is still installed.
            There is another computer of the exact same make/model, and it is working like a charm. I've tried redoing the settings for outlook, but nada.

Any other ideas?

It really doesn't help that this guy is the VP of the company

Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Working...
            X