Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook 2003 Add-in - Getting Process ID of Winword when used by Outlook.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Add-in - Getting Process ID of Winword when used by Outlook.

Hi,

I am after some help please. I am in the process of writing an add-in for Outlook 2003 using VB2005 and VSTO. The add-in, links to a database that contains different lists of members for which emails/newsletters can be sent to. Within the add-in the user has the option to draft one email and send it to each member in the selected list as an individual email with a personalised greeting.

To get the emails to send individually, I intercept and cancel the send event. Once cancelled, I create a copy of the drafted email for each recipient, and send the copied email. When each recipient has been sent an email, I close the drafted email using the following code;

If msg.Application.ActiveInspector.IsWordMail Then
    'The email message has been drafted within Outlook using word. Close the email using the commandbars.execute method

msg.Application.ActiveInspector.CommandBars("File").Controls.Item("Close").Execute()
    Else
    'The email is drafted by Outlook, to close use...
    msg.Application.ActiveInspector.Close(Outlook.OlIn spectorClose.olDiscard)

EndIf

Everything seems to work as I expect, however, if the email is sent using MS Word to draft the email, MS Word is left open and as the topmost window.

Is there a way to close the MS Word application that was opened to draft the email?

I am thinking that if I could identify the Process ID of MS Word that was opened to draft the email, I could stop the process. How would I do this?

I would greatly appreciate any help that could be offered.
Working...
X