No announcement yet.

OST doesn't seem to have all data

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OST doesn't seem to have all data

I have and exchange server which recently crashed in the middle of the day. We are trying to recover the emails which came in between the last backup and the event. I opened one OST file and used Recovery Toolbox for Outlook to convert it to a PST. It was wildly successful and recovered every email up to the minute the server died.

When I open any other OST files however, I am only seeing things prior to Feb of this year and in some cases, nothing newer than 2008. One example in particular, a user has not been moved to his new profile yet and can still open/read/print all of his messages. When I try to convert his OST, it doesn't have anything from January to the present. That doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Any ideas? Can the old OST be attached to a new outlook profile?

Re: OST doesn't seem to have all data

I don't believe you can attach the OST to an Outlook profile. However, if the emails are cached in it and are still visible in Outlook, you could look into exporting the emails and moving them to another PST file that you can pre-create. You could even look into dragging and dropping the emails to the new PST.