No announcement yet.

Configuring outlook wen you have two version of outlook client installed in PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring outlook wen you have two version of outlook client installed in PC

Hi all,

I have outlook 2003 and 2007 client instlaled in my PC.... when i try to configure a exchnage account i got a dll error in either of the versions. so i unisntalled theolder one and configured outlook with 2007... is there any way werin we can configure outlook 2007 wth outlook 2003 or we have to have only one version of mail client.

pls advise

Re: Configuring outlook wen you have two version of outlook client installed in PC

Outlook is very specific -- you cannot have more than one version on a machine (unlike the rest of Office which allows multiple versions)

You should uninstall one or the other (and probably reinstall the survivor just in case) to fix this.

If you really need two versions available, consider XPMode (if you are using Win7) or Virtual PC (for Vista or older)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X