No announcement yet.

Outlook 2007 with RPC + Exchange 2010

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 with RPC + Exchange 2010

I need your help regarding an issue we have at the office. We are a shipping company and we have enable RPC on our technicians laptops in order to be able to read their messages when they are traveling.

The problem appears when they are at the office and we have been forced from the management to stop their outlook during specific times at a day.

Do you have any suggestions on this?

Thank you

Re: Outlook 2007 with RPC + Exchange 2010

Have you tried configuring a second Outlook profile for the office connection? They could then perhaps use the profile relevant to their current location.

If I understood you correct you want the technicans stop from using Outlook while being able to still work at their notebook, right?

I would try to create second accounts for each technican, associate the mailbox to this accounts and configure logon hours for this, but this also means that they are not able to work at the prohibited hours at all even when traveling.

This is a somewhat unusual request -- why do management want them not to use email during certain hours?
        Could the result be achieved by send connectors with restricted hours? -- so they can email but it does not get dispatched from the server
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **