Outlook 2007 Reading Pane Reset Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 Reading Pane Reset Issue

I've come across an issue with a clients computer with Office 2007 that has stumped me.

Here's the problem:

Client has a custom view for his reading pane.
    Until the latest MS updates everything working as it should.
    After updates pushed to his computer his reading pane resets whenever a search of the inbox is performed.
    I've attached a doc with a before and after pic. ( .docx file)
    You'll notice the reading pane has a custom view including "Flagged Status: completed/followup/unflagged". After the reset the view goes back to default (Date: today, yesterday, etc.)

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Thanks,
    MacGruber
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wired; 12th August 2010, 04:08. Reason: removed zip; replaced with contents

Re: Outlook 2007 Reading Pane Reset Issue

Why'd you put the pic in a word doc? Please attach it directly to the post. Most won't open a random word file on the net, too many risks.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      Why'd you put the pic in a word doc? Please attach it directly to the post. Most won't open a random word file on the net, too many risks.

You're not entirely incorrect but it is a screen shot of a word doc (from a user) that is now a JPEG. Not a *doc that was zipped and uploaded, but a JPEG that was zipped and uploaded.

Can you add to this thread constructively? If not thanks for wasting time and hijacking the thread.

Comment

Can you add to this thread constructively? If not thanks for wasting time and hijacking the thread.
        The suggestion about the attachment was so that you can get help as efficiently as possible. I was not hijacking your thread. Your zip attachment has been replaced with the pics inside of it.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by MacGruber
          You'll notice the reading pane has a custom view including "Flagged Status .....
          Actually I can't notice much due to the low quality image.

Originally posted by MacGruber
          Wired used the word "please" in his post to you and his suggestion was constructive. His suggestion was to help you get more replies to your problem however your reply seems to indicate you are a rude person. Remember you have the problem and have come here for help. You get more flies with honey that you do with vinegar.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It isn't something daft like the system is jumping to the mail rather than the folders list is it???

Can the user re-apply the custom view from the view menu???

Comment

Working...
            X