X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 Managing and searching multiple .pst files

Hi Folks

Two questions so two separate threads.

Under outlook 2007, I have a number of .pst files, around 15 at the minute which I keep for historical reasons. They range in size from 50MB to 2BG etc. I don't have them permanently loaded in my outlook profile as I don't want to slow outlook down, but sometimes I need to access or search them.

My question is if there is any way to search them without waiting for the index to be rebuilt each time. For example, I load a 2GB .pst file and wait for the index to be built. I then do the search and find what I was looking for and unload the .pst file. 6 months later, I need to access the .pst file again so I load it and I have to wait on the index to be built again before I can search.

Is there any way around this or a better way to achieve this. Do you need to wait for the index to be rebuilt? Whatever happened to the old non-indexed searches before indexing arrived? Obviously those searches would be slower, but not when compared to having to wait on the index to rebuild each time?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Outlook 2007 Managing and searching multiple .pst files

Hmm, what you are asking for is far beyond the features of pst files, you should be probably look for another solution which fits your needs.

Comment

Working...
    X