Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting twice mail in outlook 2007

Hi friends,

I am facing a serious problem in one of my user, where he are receving the twice mail evertime sent by any user. My question is why user are received the duplicate mails in outlook and what is the reson behind this.

No additional account, rule, pop3 account is configured in outlook. We are using exchange 2007 sp2 ent edition and outlook 2007 sp2 edition in our enviorment.

Please suggest me any solution to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks
    Atp

Re: Getting twice mail in outlook 2007

Why on earth are you using POP3 as well as Exchange -- there is a perfectly good delivery mechanism (RPC/HTTPS) to replace it.

You havent given much in the way of details, but as a vague guess, he is receiving it once over POP3 (with "delete on server" unselected) and again by regular MAPI when connecting direct to the Exchange server.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Getting twice mail in outlook 2007

Check the delivery location for POP3 (.pst or mailbox) Open up the mailbox with OWA. Check if the emails are duplicated there. If yes then its configuration issue on the backend. Also create a new MAPI profile and test. As already stated there is no reason for you to be using POP3 to connect. All Outlook clients should be using MAPI locally or remote.

Comment

Working...
      X