outlook pst file changed to msdos application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook pst file changed to msdos application

recently i have format my laptop with windows 7 ,i took backup outlook files and and when i try to add that data those files are showing as msdos format so i cannot able to see my old emails ..please help.

Reinstall Outlook - it should set up the file associations properly

If the problem is within the files, which version of Outlook are you using - ScanPST used to be provided to repair the files, but IIRC that was a couple of versions ago.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i am using ms outlook 2010 but the back up copy is in my flash drive its not in pst format its showing ms dos application ...

Comment

Does it still have a PST extension? If so, the file associations have gone wrong somewhere. If it has a different extension, what is it?
        How did you do the backup?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i just copy the pst file from location to my flash . but i found the answer by going to folder options ----view-----unchecking the tick mark in hide known file types and ---and after i rename [email protected] then i try to attach file its working fine now...anyways thanks admin for your wonderful support ..you are very supportive.thanks

Comment

Working...
          X