'remember my password' check box missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'remember my password' check box missing

When a user opens outlook, they get prompt with user name and password, but the option to remember my passsword is not there, so he has to enter it everytime he opens outlook.

The user is XP home edtion and connects to exchange server.

Can anyone advise? Ive already check the 'storage' services and it is set to automatic and is started

Thanks
    r

Re: 'remember my password' check box missing

Sounds like yet another limitation of XP Home
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

IIRC it has something to do with the PC not being on the domain. Since the OS can't verify authentication to a DC, you have to do it each time in Outlook. Could be worng though, been a while.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank Guys, thought it may be an issue, with it not being on the domain.

Ill get it on the network and let you know the outcome.

Comment

Since XP Home can't join domains, you'll have to upgrade to XP Pro at the minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X