Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 server rule behaves like client rules

Dear sir,
    I'm trying to setup an Outlook 2007 (SP2) server side rule that would move any message that contains a specific keyword in the header from the Junk E-mail folder to the Deleted Items folder. This works great on my own pc but when I set it up on another machine, it behaves like a client rule : the messages aren't move until I run the rule manually. Since a manual setup of the rule didn't work, I've tried exporting the rule from my pc to the other, but still no luck.

The rule is as follows :
    Apply this rule after the message arrives
    with "xx" in the message header
    move it to the Deleted Items folder

According to many support sites the conditions and actions that I specify in this rule would allow it to run as a server rule, as is the case on my own pc. Unfortunately there seems to be little information on the internet, that would guide me in troubleshooting outlook server side rules.

Can you provide my any help ?

Regards

Joeri Michiels

Re: Outlook 2007 server rule behaves like client rules

Have you tried creating the rule manually on the other machine -- if it still doesnt work its a mailbox issue, if it does its an import / export one

What exchange server are you using?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes I re-created the rule manually on the other pc but it doesn't work.
      The Exchange version that I'm using is 2007.

Comment

Try with a new profile?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Even after deleting and re-creating the profile it still doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
          X