Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow response when switching mailbox in Outlook 2003 running on exchange

Hi,

The office is using a hosted exchange email solution, and users are using Microsoft Outlook 2003.

More often or not, users have more than 1 mailbox ( 1 personal, 1 for department), and it is slow to switch between the mailboxes. Outlook may hang or stop responding.

For configuration, it is set to 'Use Cached Exchange Mode' and uses proxy settings for connection.

I have followed the Microsoft KB article 823586 article and performance seems to improve alittle.

Any advise on how to improve access speeds?

Re: Slow response when switching mailbox in Outlook 2003 running on exchange

When you say "switching mailboxes", do you mean they have both showing in Outlook? If so, only the primary one is cached and all additional ones are direct connections to Exchange.

Where do the Proxy settings come into it -- can you give an example (or do you mean RPC/HTTPS connections)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Slow response when switching mailbox in Outlook 2003 running on exchange

Yea I am refering to having 2 mailboxes in Outlook. The additional mailbox is added at the following place 'tools', 'email accounts', 'change', 'more settings', 'advanced' tab, 'add' mailbox.

The proxy settings i mentioned are located in the 'Connection', 'Exchange Proxy Settings' of 'more settings'.

i46.tinypic.com/1slafo.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X