No announcement yet.

Outlook 2007 or exchange Form creation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 or exchange Form creation?

Hello,

I'm new to creating forms as ive never done this before.
    My manager wants me to create a form, for all users to enter in their hours worked for the week. He wants them to use the forms to submit their hours on that specific date.
    Anyone have any step by step instructions for this?

Please and ty!

Re: Outlook 2007 or exchange Form creation?

Anything helpful here:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the google search, but guess what, that's the first thing i did and it didn't help with what i needed at all.

Please provide a better answer than that if you have an answer thank you.

Comment

Well, since googling for "create outlook 2007 form" (almost exactly the title of your post) didnt "help with what you needed", how about you give us some more information about exactly what you DO need and what you have done so far.

Did you work through any of the tutorials in the link I provided? From experience building Outlook forms, they do help, especially for someone with no experience in this.

If, of course, you want someone to do the whole job for you while you take the credit with your boss,
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

can you elaborate on the outlook part of this, why does it have to be outlook?
          Can you maybe have a web page with the form, that talks to a back end DB to collect and compute the hours and wages? There are dozens of time card software packages (yes free....) that do just that.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

OK, so I gave up on the designing the Outlook form since i couldn't find what I needed. I'm now using InfoPath to create a template for the Timesheets for the users.

What I have done is I created the template, but the problem I now have is, i have no clue how to configure the drop downs ive set up.

I have it set up this way:

Date: Monday Tuesday Wednesday etc

Underneath each day is a drop down that im trying to set up the number of the day. For example today is Wednesday so the user will choose 9 on the drop down.

I have no idea how im supposed to configure this to have numbers entered.
            So pretty much, I have the template set up, but im assuming there will be programming involved in this unless im wrong.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude, but yes i have already searched google all morning, and it didn't have steps to what i needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
              can you elaborate on the outlook part of this, why does it have to be outlook?
              Can you maybe have a web page with the form, that talks to a back end DB to collect and compute the hours and wages? There are dozens of time card software packages (yes free....) that do just that.

I'm more of a hardware guy, im just now reading about servers and a whole lot of other stuff so I don't know how to create a webpage with the form.

Are you able to provide more info? A webpage could be easier than what im trying to do.

Comment

Well, at risk of getting my head bitten off again , has a few sites. Watch out for shareware with a "free" trial period
                http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Most of the stuff online are shareware so i cant really go with that.

So, i guess ill have to dig around more. I have another question then, how are the forms published to everyone to use? Or how is infopath embeded to Outlook or exhange?

I need users to be able to click tools-forms choose the timesheet form, fill it out then send to theirmanagers to approve.

Comment

Working...
                  X