email getting stuck in outbox Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email getting stuck in outbox Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007

This issue is happening to only one of my users and it happens to be the Vice Pres of the company! I have read pages and pages of what it might be on Microsofts site but none of the recomendations seem to help. Does anyone here know what causes email to remain stuck in the Outbox? it happens to forwards, replies, new email, attachment, no attachment, email to person in contacts, and not in contacts.
    I have deleted the users profile created a new one, same thing, all the exchange services are running, no errors in the event logs.

Re: email getting stuck in outbox Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007

Silly question, but does he have "work offline" selected. I have seen this before (always with senior people who deny all knowledge of setting it )

How is he/she/it connecting -- MAPI or Outlook Anywhere?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: email getting stuck in outbox Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007

Any time i've encountered this i've removed cached mode from outlook and deleted the relevant OST. Open outlook with cached mode still of and see if the email is sent.

If it is and the user requires cached mode then re-enable cached mode.

Have i ever mentioned how i hate cached mode.......

Comment

Working...
      X