Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with attachment issue

Hi friends

I am a facing a problem in outlook. When i receive a mail with attachment (.XLS file) from a particular user, it does not show the attachment in outlook as well in OWA. It shows the junk characters. But when i receive that mail on my external account like yahoo or gmail it show the attachment. I have try to send that XLS file from my gmail to outlook and it show the attachment but when i receive that attachment from my vendor it show junk character.

Please suggest how can i solve this.

We are using exchange server 2007, SP2 with rollup on server side and outlook 2007 with sp2 on client side. I

Thanks
    Atp.

Re: Problem with attachment issue

.XLS is one of the many extensions that are "blocked" by Outlook. Try zipping the file or changing the last character so it isn't seen as one of the threatening files. eg, .XL_ You just have to let the person you are sending it to that the last character in the extension has been changed.

This has been done because .XLS, .DOC etc can contain malicious macros that could cause problems on your machines or even the network.

Are you tech support for the site or a User?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Problem with attachment issue

Thanks Dear

As suggested by you he will send me the attachment after rename the extenstion or sent through the zip format and after that i will share the observation with you.

Thanks
      Atp.

Comment

Working...
      X