Outlook 2007 Out-of-office and calendar issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 Out-of-office and calendar issues

I have a user with two issues that I feel may be related to the same problem.

They run Outlook 2007 o na Windows 7 PC. Outlook 2007 is fine for everything apart from the following.

When trying to set Out-of-Office using Outlook, an error says "Cannot contact server", even though status bar displays "Connected". The Out-of-Office can be set using OWA.

They can't get free-busy status of other mailboxes. They can see their calendar though.

I have downloaded OAB manually and no other staff are effected and run the same.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Outlook 2007 Out-of-office and calendar issues

Which Exchange version are you using? I assume Exchange 2007 or 2010 since this sounds like issues with autodiscover.

Try strg + right click at the outlook icon in system tray and check the autoconfiguration. If you need further assistance try posting the resultats.

Comment

Connectivity is fine. Status is shown as connected for all lines. It is Exchange 2007. No other users are effected and run the same.

Comment

Hmm, you just checked the connection status this is not what i said to do, check autoconfiguration please. It's one line under "Connection state".

Comment

Thanks for the reply. See what you mean now. Will check this and post back shortly.

Comment

I have a vague memory of a post by Sembee about OOF and Free/Busy being related to Autodiscover, so you might want to investigate if that is OK (Damn, already posted above)

Are any other users affected?
            Have you recreated the profile?
            Are you using Cached Mode?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian.

Other users aren't effected.
              Re-creating a profile may have to be the way to go.
              Cache mode is being used.

I have carried out a test of auto-configuration and it does error the same as tests conducted on other machines with users that don't have the issue.

I am also going to get the user to logon to another machine to test in case it is machine specific. They have a roaming profile, so I should then know more and post back. I have been waiting for feedback.
              Last edited by Virtual; 9th June 2010, 21:13.

Comment

Working...
              X