Funky Outlook Window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Outlook Window

This user had Office 2003 installed and we upgraded him (and many others) to 2007 though a startup script provided by Microsoft. Now he's got this problem where the e-mail message window looks odd (see attached). Additionally, the title bar of the Outlook program window is black and the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons are hidden unless you mouse over them.

I don't see any errors in the event logs and he's still able to send/receive e-mail. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Funky Outlook Window

Is this happing to all users?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

No, just the one. I haven't tried reinstalling because that's time consuming

Comment

Really? Well it's about 15 mins if you got the time.

I would try the repair install option and then the reinstall option if the first didn't clear things up. There is obviously something that went wrong with the upgrade.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Try clearing the outlook forms cache, and using the default one. Do you have any addins or custom forms?
          Try disabling addins as well, and enabling them one at a time.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I tried a repair and a reinstall but both failed. I ended up replacing the PC.

Comment

Working...
            X