Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The attachement size exceeds the allowable limit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The attachement size exceeds the allowable limit.

Hello,

I have Outlook 2007 users who intermittently get "The attachement size exceeds the allowable limit." errors when dealing with an email with an attachement. The attachement is smaller than the limit and the user is well within their mailbox limit.

I have tried clearing the DelivContLength and SubmissionContLength fields but this did not help. All the Exchange connectors, smtp virtual servers and anything else in the path of this email has a limit much higher than the size of the message. Also, the error is immediate and occurs just by opening the message so it is doubtfull that email flow limits are to blame.

Any ideas? Thanks

Re: The attachement size exceeds the allowable limit.

Try this

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Soft..._23757939.html

Comment

...A direct link to the page that solved that issue taken from the EE site linked below. Bizarrely I cant see the responses if I follow the link posted below, however, if I search and take the google link to the same site it all works. Either way to prevent unnecessary faffing:

http://tsoorad.blogspot.com/2008/01/...ize-error.html

Comment

Experts Exchange requires membership UNLESS you access the site via a search engine, in which case you can scroll way, way down and get to the answers
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X