Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding emails

Hi,
    I have a user who receives an email from [email protected], in his outlook 2003.

I need to auto forward the emails from [email protected] to an external address.

Thing is, when i read the guides on the internet, the guides assumed that [email protected] had an AD account, which this one doesn't.

How can i forward [email protected] to an external address ? I've tried using a rule in outlook, however the mail does not get delivered. No errors, just does not appear in the destination inbox.

please assist.
    thanks

Re: Forwarding emails

Originally posted by Yanchri View Post
    I need to auto forward the emails from [email protected] to an external address.
    What is the email server environment? Is it an Exchange server? Do you have control over it?

Originally posted by Yanchri View Post
    How can i forward [email protected] to an external address ? I've tried using a rule in outlook, however the mail does not get delivered. No errors, just does not appear in the destination inbox.
    What is the rule? If it's simply "Apply this rule after the message arrives from [email protected] forward it to [email protected]" then you're doing it right and I'd attempt to figure out why the message is not appearing at the other end. You might want to try using the "redirect it to" option instead of the "forward it to" option.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
      What is the email server environment? Is it an Exchange server? Do you have control over it?

What is the rule? If it's simply "Apply this rule after the message arrives from [email protected] forward it to [email protected]" then you're doing it right and I'd attempt to figure out why the message is not appearing at the other end. You might want to try using the "redirect it to" option instead of the "forward it to" option.
      Hi, thanks for the response.
      The environment is Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 Sp2.
      The rule is simply to forward [email protected] to [email protected], and then i add the users from the global address list. However this address [email protected], doesn't exist in our organisation. He simply has a pop3 mailbox (with the address [email protected]). He is also at another location where he also pop3's his mail, and when he is there the mail needs to go to his mailbox, but doesn't arrive at his end, nor when he is at our offices where the exchange server resides.

i'll try the redirect option.
      Last edited by Yanchri; 14th March 2010, 12:30.

Comment

Right probaly the easiest way to do this is to do the following.

1. Create a contact in the users contacts for the person who you will be forwarding to.
        2. In the users email system setup a rule to forward email to that recipient and browse for them via the users address book.

Comment

Working...
        X