No announcement yet.

Change Appointment 'Going Forward'

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Appointment 'Going Forward'

How does one change a recurring appointment going forward in Outlook 2002? I can't find the simple solution.

Example: I have a recurring staff meeting on Friday at 1:00 PM. In the appointment's Notes section I have lots of relevant data.
    The meeting has been re-scheduled for Thursday at 2:00 PM. I can easliy change the time for one week, but when I change the day and time for the series, it changes all the previous appointments also, as though they had all happened on Thursday at 2:00 PM. How do I keep the previous schedule intact (will need for reference in the future) and just change the date/time going forward, without having to create a whole new entry?

This happens so often that a simple solution would really help. Thanks.

Re: Change Appointment 'Going Forward'

I don't know if you can do this at all..

Why not just create a new meeting, or change the current series ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Change Appointment 'Going Forward'

Thanks for your reply.

That is what I have been doing.

For years I used the Palm platform, and the standard choices, when changing the time and/or date on a recurring appointment is Current, Future, or All. Since there is no built-in equivalent that I could find in Outlook, perhaps someone has figured out something simpler than putting up with changing all the historical data or creating a complete new meeting, copying all the notes and relevant data from one appointment set to another. When it happens often, it takes a lot of time.