No announcement yet.

Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes is SLOW...!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes is SLOW...!

OK, I know this is all over the internet already. I've finally moved from XP / Office 2003 to Windows 7 / Office 2007 but still on a Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 network.

As the sole IT guy here, I monitor more than one mailbox. My previous setup worked flawlessly and was great - however, now with Outlook 2007, monitoring additional mailboxes is nosebleedingly painful. I can't believe it's so bad. What gets me is that these mailboxes aren't even that big! 2 are a few hundred MB, and the 3rd is only a few MB. My regular mailbox (one of the larger ones) is fine, but the other ones take 5-10 minutes just to open, view/delete new emails.

I'm sure many of you have already come across this - I'm looking for suggestions/methods that anyone has found helpful to correct or at least alleviate this.

Re: Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes is SLOW...!

Probably something to do with cached mode -- the main mailbox will be and the others wont

Do you have direct (LAN) access to the Exchange server or is it over a VPN?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes is SLOW...!

I usually have LAN access, if not then it's RPC/HTTPS. And yes, I'm using cached mode.

It's just quite disappointing between 2003 and 2007 - if I run my old laptop with XP/2003, and open the same mailbox scenario, I can view, delete, etc. all the mail I want from the 2003 box before 2007 will even show all the messages.