Google Calendar Sync doesn't synchronize all items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Calendar Sync doesn't synchronize all items

Hi, I hope you'll be able to help me with this issue. I don't know if it is related to Google's tool for synchronization or to Outlook.

I have posted similar problem description to superuser, too, but no solution has been posted up to this moment.

I am an IT admin in a small firm and I was given a task to find a solution to synchronize two Outlook calendars on separate PCs in different domain. Web search suggested Google Calendar Sync tool as the best solution, so I installed it on both computers and made 2-way sync on both. In that way Google Calendar is a midpoint for synchronization

Unfortunately it doesn't transfer all events from one computer to GCalendar. As far as I can tell every problematic event has the following properties (if I select View -> Current view -> All appointments, and add columns Meeting status and Organizer to the view):
    • Meeting status: Meeting organizer
    • Organizer: (it lists the user of the computer)

Whereas all other events which get transferred have Meeting status field either empty, or have one of the following statuses: Accepted/Tentatively accepted/Not yet responded
    Have been searching for solution for the last two days on Google and all around Internet. You're my last chance or else I'm giving up on it. Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you!

Re: Google Calendar Sync doesn't synchronize all items

This probably doesn't help but if you scroll down there are some commercial apps that may be worth a look. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp

Personally the idea seems like a Cluster &*%k. Some people (management weenies? ) always seem to want to push a product to do something it really wasn't designed to do in absurd configurations.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes, that helps little, unfortunately. I need freeware solution. Preferrably one solving the problem with Google Calendar Sync, but if anyone has positive experiences with any third-party freeware product, I'm listening.

I don't quite get your other statement. Google Calendar Sync is indeed intended to synchronize Outlook calendar and Google calendar. With a little imagination this could be used to synchronize two Outlook calendars with Google Calendar as a midpoint. In fact, if you type "synchronize two outlook calendars" into Google, you get this solution in the first few hits.

Any other solutions

Comment

Although not freeware, look into Small Business Server
        For small organisations (up to 75 users) the advantages of your own integrated email and calendaring solution (plus all the other benefits) so far outweigh the costs that (IMHO) its a no-brainer
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Both computers are using Exchange. Both computers are in a domain.

The problem is, they are not in the same domain.

The problem is, there is no trust between those domains.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggles
            Personally the idea seems like a Cluster &*%k. Some people (management weenies? ) always seem to want to push a product to do something it really wasn't designed to do in absurd configurations
            If this is what you don't get, then maybe I don't understand what you are fully trying to do.

Second, where did the Exchange Servers come from? Why wasn't this mentioned in your initial post?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

There's a link to http://superuser.com site in my first message. I mention Exchange there. Sorry that I forgot to include it here.

So, any solution to my problem?

Comment

Any reason you (or the admins) cannot establish a trust?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X