Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 SP2 mail hangs in outbox | Wireless Connection

Team,

I am using outlook 2003 SP2 in my Vista PC. OS and outlook patch updated. I am using Wireless connection for accessing Internet.

Most of the time my outlook works fine without any issues. But sometime my wireless connection may interrupted abnormally, hence my outlook hangs and the mails in outbox stayed.

In this i restart my outlook and works fine. The problem is i have to close all my opened mails (around 25) and have to restart outlook. It takes more time to do. and waste of time too. any idea without close mails and my outbox mails to deliver.

your timely help very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Manick

Re: Outlook 2003 SP2 mail hangs in outbox | Wireless Connection

Are you using Exchange or some other form of mailserver?

In general, Outlook is very tolerant of network outages and should not behave like this
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your kind support, I am using POP3 account.

Thanks

Comment

SO what happens when you select "send and receive"? Does it give an error?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am able to receive mails, but sent mails stayed in outbox. If i close outlook and reopen means it works fine. but i have to close my all opened mails and reopen outlook. it struggles me to select which mails are opened previously.

Comment

yes, but does SEND AND RECEIVE report any errors?
            If so, what are the numbers?
            You may need to expand the dailog box
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

The SMTP error no was 0x80042108.

Comment

suggests this is something to do with firewalls or AV software -- what are you running?

Also, see http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d.php?t=219362
                Last edited by Ossian; 13th January 2010, 10:39.
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

I am using Trend micro Client server messaging. anyway ll reconfig my firewall and wireless settings.

Let ll check with my wireless connection and now seems to be working. but it happens abnormally.

Comment

Working...
                  X