No announcement yet.

AutoArchive Not Retaining Settings

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoArchive Not Retaining Settings

I have a user on Outlook 2K7 (like all my users). We have configured his AutoArchive to run every 14 days, cleaning out items older than 3 months. Well, it's running but not cleaning anything. So, I remoted in to his laptop and took a look. His AutoArchive is set to 6 months, instead of 3. So I changed it to 3. Still not working, so I go back in, and it's reverted back to 6 months. No matter what I do, I cannot get that setting to change. (I change it to 3, click Okay, go right back in, and it's 6 again).

We can successfully run the archiving manually, just the Auto part that's messed up.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Re: AutoArchive Not Retaining Settings

Set up a temp new profile in Outlook. See if it has the same problem.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Do you have a GPO that is setting it and over-riding the manual setting?

thx for the suggestions, guys. i'll be at that location tomorrow, so i can test an alternate profile, see how that goes.

@joe: yeah, i had thought of that, as we were looking at that option at one point. the adm template was even imported. everything is "not configured," though. plus, it's just this one guy. i like that thinking, though!

Now playing: XTC - I'd Like That
        via FoxyTunes

Keep us posted on what you find. If I think of anything else, I'll post back.