Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 Email + Exchange calendar

Hi,
    I want to combine POP3 Email stored only localy with a calendar stored on the exchange server.
    I`ve manged to configure it and emails are working ok but the calendar defaults to the local stored one and not the exchange.
    Is there a way to change calendar default to exchange while keeping local email as default?

Thanks.

Re: POP3 Email + Exchange calendar

could i ask why you want to provide this particular solution ?

if you've got the overhead of having exchange installed and running to provide the calendaring, why wouldn't you just use exchange for mail.. ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      could i ask why you want to provide this particular solution ?

if you've got the overhead of having exchange installed and running to provide the calendaring, why wouldn't you just use exchange for mail.. ?
      The solution came to mind because their server is slow and I was thinking using it only for calendars would be less of load on the server.

Comment

I believe you can get some limited calendar access with IMAP, but not using POP3. However if you use IMAP all email remains on the server and you are as well using MAPI and getting full Outlook functionality.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X