Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signatures disappearing in Outlook 2003

Good morning,

Running into a weird problem here. User logs in and the signature files are there but Outlook removes them from the email. Going into tools>options you can add re-enable it but when you reboot the machine, they're gone again.

Tried removing the profile and recreating it which didn't work. The problem is sporadic and not all users are affected.

Background is Exchange 2003/Outlook2003 just migrated from Lotus Notes.

Any ideas?

Re: Signatures disappearing in Outlook 2003

1. Do you use Word as the mail editor
    2. is their any anti virus that add a signture like "this message has been scan by xxx antivirus" I know that avg create this problem.
    3. Is the e-mail created as html format for ex. and not as plain text
    4. what version of outlook are you using

Comment

1. Yes they are using word as the email editor.
      2. They are using TrendMicro which I believe doesn't add anything
      3. The affected users have used both
      4. Outlook 2003

Comment

Bump

Does anyone have an answer for this one? I'm getting to the end of the internet trying to find a solution.

Comment

Go Outlook doesn't remove the signatures from the email it disables the signature rules? Take a look at the Group Policies being processed.

Comment

Correct. When the user reboots, the setting for the signature resets to nothing. Also the reading pane resets to right instead of bottom if the user has changed it. Really any user settings like font colors etc.

Which group policy could be affecting this?

We also implemented a regfix for Outlook to call a custom PRF file, but all users have this and the problem is sporadic. One user will have it, the person sitting next to them doesn't. We also implemented this at other sites and nobody else is having this problem.

Comment

Frenzy, it'll be something in the PRF file- most likely one of these:

OverwriteProfile=Yes
              ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=FALSE

I seem to remember having an issue with this once before but can't remember the exact remedy.

Is it normally the same users? If so try disabling Outlook using the PRF and see if the issue persists.

Comment

Just a thought Frenzy but have you tried creating a new Mail profile?

Comment

Working...
                X