Hidden message in Outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden message in Outlook

I have an Outlook profile that has the logged on users mailbox as the primary. This user also has full mailbox access over a mailbox called Mail. He can successfully open the mailbox and view mail in it, delete mail and send mail "from" that user, however, there is one mail in the mailbox that he cannot see unless I make the Mail mailbox the primary. If I then add the users primary mailbox into this new profile as a secondary mailbox and move this mail to it, it becomes hidden from view unless I close Outlook and re-open the profile that has the users mailbox as the primary.

To summarise, the e-mail is only visible if it is in a mailbox that is the primary mailbox for the profile.

Re: Hidden message in Outlook

Is it by any chance marked as "private"?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...549001033.aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Is it by any chance marked as "private"?
      http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...549001033.aspx
      Yes it is, and that appears to be the problem. I had already been in the properties of the message and checked the importance but didn't notice the greyed out private box directly underneath it!!! Thanks you for opening my eyes

Comment

No problem -- another mystery solved
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X