X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Problem with Outlook 2003

OS - WindowsXP Pro SP3
    Office 2003 SP3

The problem my user is having is when she prints an email from Outlook, it will print more than one page.
    E.g.: she has a single page email and for some reason, it separates it into four pages when she prints. I tried deleting the network printer and re-installed.
    I tried using a different printer; still the same problem.
    Any ideas?

Re: Printing Problem with Outlook 2003

Does this problem affect all messages or only some?

Are Windows and Office fully up to date?

If this is on a domain, does the problem follow the user to another machine? It'd be useful to know whether you're using roaming or local profiles (and if App Data is redirected using Group Policy).

Does this affect other users on this computer?

Originally posted by ToddC View Post
    she has a single page email and for some reason, it separates it into four pages when she prints
    What do you mean? Does it print 4 copies, or does it print different bits of the message on different pages, when they would all fit on one page? Can you scan an example and post a PDF (taking care not to post any confidential information). What paper size is the printer using and what size is it configured to be using?

I tried deleting the network printer and re-installed.
    By deleting, do you just mean deleting it from Printers and Faxes? That won't remove the driver - try doing that, then reinstalling.

I tried using a different printer; still the same problem.
    Same or different model?

What model(s) are you having problems with?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Try changing from landscape mode to portrait mode.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This problem was only on her user profile on the local machince. If any other user logged in on the same PC, it printed fine. If the problem user logged into another PC, everything was fine. I ended up recreating her user profile on the PC.
        Not the first time with this particular user. She is at a reception desk and has a lot of free time. She likes to "noodle" with the PC. It was some sort of print set up stored in her NTUSER.dat file. Wasn't ever able to trace it down. I would have rather solved the problem instead of recreating the profile, but I had already spent enough time on it.
        Thanks for all your advice. Hopefully this one won't show up again.

Comment

Working...
        X