Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Microsoft Office Excel Previewer

Hi all,

i am frastrated with the above mentioned error i got in Outlook 2007. The email contained two excel files. I can live preview the first excel attachment, but for the second attachment, i got the error. I tried the suggestions from here: http://office-outlook.com/outlook-fo...msg&th=111355/, but i still got the same error. It's odd thought because i was able to preview the attachment yesterday, but i suddenly failed this morning.

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks in advance
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Error: Microsoft Office Excel Previewer

What has changed since "yesterday" ?
    Any new updates?
    Does the attachment OPEN in Excel cleanly?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

He's just a basic user, dare not to change anything on laptop. He said he didn't apply any updates, just receive/read/send email as usual and suddenly he got the error opening that specific attachment. However, it's odd though, any other excel attachment received after that email was OK to open.

So i thought there could be something to the temporary internet file folder and i checked the folder at: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempo rary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\K2HE1Q91\. I found out that there were many copies of the problematic file running from 'set up form', 'set up form(1)'... to 'set up form(99), i went on to delete all of them and now he's happy that he could preview the file again.

Is the the right way to solve this problem? What actually caused this problem? Can archive solve/prevent this problem? Is there any way we can increase the size of temporary internet file folder so that it won't get burst so soon?

Thanks and look forward to hear from your comment/opinion

Comment

May not be a size issue, but you can always change the limit in IE or Control Panel.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

OK.

Actually this incident happened to a few computers in my work place. They all have the same problem viewing the file once the counter of the file hits 'set up form(99)', i have to go temporary internet folder to delete all the 100 copies of the file to make the file accessible to them again. Could this be the problem with file counter?

Comment

Working...
          X