X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007: Resource Is Already Booked

Server: Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Standard Edition
    Client: Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows XP SP3

When Angela creates a recurring meeting with "Main Conf Rm (Southwest)" as a resource, she gets the following message:

"Main Conf Rm (Southwest)" is already booked for the specified time. You must use another time or find another resource.

The meeting appears on everybody's calendar except for "Main Conf Rm (Southwest)". I have logged in as "Main Conf Rm (Southwest)" to verify that the meeting item is not there.

When she removes "Main Conf Rm (Southwest)", and tries to add it again as a resource, the same thing happens.

I have logged in as Main Conf Rm (Southwest) and checked the calendar. There are no other appointments in that time slot.

From "Main Conf Rm (Southwest)"'s calendar, Angela is able to create a recurring meeting in the same time slot.

From her own calendar, Angela is able to create a recurring meeting with "Main Conf Rm (Southwest)" as a resource.

So the problem is not the availability of the resource.

Also, from the existing meeting, Angela is able to add other conference rooms as resources.

So the problem appears to be something with the combination of the meeting and the Main Conference Room (Southwest).

I've found a couple of Hot Fixes with descriptions of this problem, but they are for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 SP1. Angela is running Outlook 2007 SP2, and the Outlook 2007 SP1 Hot Fix will not install. I've already tried.

If anybody has any ideas on what to look for or how to fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Robert R.; 2nd September 2009, 21:55.

Solved: Outlook 2007: Resource Is Already Booked

In retrospect, the solution to this was blindingly obvious.

This is a recurring meeting that started on June 11:

"Recurrence: Occurs every Thursday effective 6/11/2009 until 12/30/2010 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM."

and was later updated.

When the meeting was updated, Outlook must have been looking at the conference room's past schedule, and saw that it was already booked in the past.

I simply had Angela change the recurrence to start next week to until 12/30/2010, and she was able to book the resource.

Comment

Re: Solved: Outlook 2007: Resource Is Already Booked

Thanks for the update! Can't say I had any idea on how to fix it
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X