No announcement yet.

Outlook 2007/Exchange2003 "Send To" problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007/Exchange2003 "Send To" problem

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 running on Server 2003 Standard SP2.

Office 2007 Standard running under XP SP2.

Outlook connected to Exchange Server in Non Cached Mode.

From within Outlook, creating a new message and attaching a file everything works as expected (message appears in outbox and is sent at the appropriate schedule). From within any application that supports "send to mail recipient" (ie Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader, etc.), a new message dialogue appears as expected with the appropriate file already attached as expected and once the user clicks "Send" the message appears in the Users outbox where it will stay until it is opened by the user and "Send" is clicked.

Attachment size makes no difference. The attachment can even be deleted from the initial message before the first Send and the behavior is the same.

If Outlook is configured with Cache Mode turned on, "send to mail recipient" works as expected.

I would prefer to configure Outlook with Cache Mode turned off because the OST files for some users are getting quite large (3+GB) and these are all desktop workstations. I have noticed those users with very large OST file seem to have persistent Outlook performance problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Outlook 2007/Exchange2003 "Send To" problem

Does this only affect users with large .ost's? If so delete the .ost and recreate a new one. if that fails configure a new MAPI profile and test again.

Re: Outlook 2007/Exchange2003 "Send To" problem

This affects every user no matter what size their .ost file is. Since it has affected every user since day one (and each new user added), I don't think recreating a MAPI profile at each workstation will help with the fix.

I will double check but I don't think this problem occurs on Outlook 2002 clients.

Thanks, Rob