Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to Configure RPC/HTTPS without Domain\User?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to Configure RPC/HTTPS without Domain\User?

System:
    SBS 2003 w/sp2
    Outlook 2007
    Windows 7

I have a home machine (which has never been connected to my domain) using RPC/HTTPS on Outlook 2007. When Outlook is launched, the user is prompted for credentials including "domain name".

ex: domain name\user name
    password

Is it possible to not have this machine remember the domain and not type in the domain name everytime Outlook is launched???

Any Suggestions Would Be Very Much Appreciated.... Thanks...

Re: Possible to Configure RPC/HTTPS without Domain\User?

What authentication method is Outlook using? If you set it to use NTLM it should prompt for a username and password with an option to save the password. That should do the trick.

Comment

You DON'T want it to remember the domain, but don't want to type it in either?
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by mike_mmm View Post
        Is it possible to not have this machine remember the domain and not type in the domain name everytime Outlook is launched???
        Is you ultimate goal to make it easier for users to remember their logins without having to use a domain name? Or is it to reduce the characters in a long username/domain login? I suppose you could use alternate UPNs so that you simply type in your credentials with a really short looking UPN: [email protected] (this is assuming that a short login name is what your goal is).

Authenticating against AD, to the best of my knowledge, requires some demarcation of what domain you're referencing. So the short answer to your question is: no.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

One question to clarify everything: You want to set up the home box to get its email from the SBS, correct?

If you're not super attached to RPC / HTTPS, you could always do POP...
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X