No announcement yet.

Auto reply once per day

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto reply once per day

greetings all!

I've created an auto-reply rule for my primary work account for the internal domain so as to automatically give a canned answer to incoming mail from colleagues. This is working great and replies to all internal mail with the right response etc.

However, does anyone know how to set this so it only replies once every X hours or days to each person? For example, if I get into an e-mail conversation with someone I don't want them to receive the canned e-mail each time they send me a message just once per day.

I've thought of using the out of office but only want this to affect the internal addresses.

Many thanks.
    This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Re: Auto reply once per day

I can see where you are going with this, but to the best of my knowledge, out of office is the only way to complete a suggested repsonse just once between emails received.

Its not what you are looking for though.....I dont think there is anything in the rules assistant that will let you comlpete this. I am only familiar with up to Office 2003 by the way, 2007 may yet have this type of feature incorporated.

There may be other 3rd party solututions.....
    MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3

Re: Auto reply once per day

Policy Patrol by Red Earth Software will do this.