Outlook 2003 Task issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Task issue

I am having an issue with a user who is using Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. Recently this user's task list is showing all reoccurring tasks with a due date of 2010, 2011 etc... I tried deleting her OST and recreating but this did not resolve the issue. This is the CEO of a company and she has 100's of tasks. I really need to get this fixed. Any ideas? Not sure what other information you would need. I set the filter to show only tasks due this month, which works sort of, but tasks she has not due date on don't show at all unless I show all tasks, and she has 1000's!! Any help!?

Thanks!
    Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: Outlook 2003 Task issue

Are you syncing with a PDA or like device, or online calendar service, etc..
    They handle outlook recurrences by creating all future tasks, even if the prior is not completed.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
      Are you syncing with a PDA or like device, or online calendar service, etc..
      They handle outlook recurrences by creating all future tasks, even if the prior is not completed.

We are using Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0, but not syncing with the desktop manager.

Comment

You'll have to test it. Does she have a Blackberry?

You can try to only sync 30 days of tasks.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
          You'll have to test it. Does she have a Blackberry?

You can try to only sync 30 days of tasks.
          Test what? Yea she uses a Blackberry, she is the CFO of the company and very moody! Need to fix ASAP haha

I don't sync wired, only wireless via BES

Comment

don't test the moody part.....

rather create a recurring task in outlook, wait for it to sync to the blackberry then check for "new" tasks that where created according to the recurrence.
            In general a task will only spawn a its successor after its been mark completed, that how its supposed to work.

Comment

Working...
            X