Not receiving Delivery Receipts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not receiving Delivery Receipts

We use Outlook 2007, If I send an email internally and request a delivery receipt a reciept is issues and received.
    The problem I am having is, If I send a mail externally and request a delivery receipt it is not received.
    I am not sure if it is being stopped outbound or when the mail is delivering inbound.
    We use a hosted email filtering solution which may be blocking the mail.
    Can anyone suggest what address the Delivery Receipt would be issued with or any suggestion as to why the mail would be blocked.

Re: Not receiving Delivery Receipts

It could also be an issue with the target server, which may not allow receipts

What mail server are you using?
    Is the problem with all external receipt requests?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Using Exchange 2007, Internal receipts work fine so I'm pretty sure its not an Exchange issue and it is the same problem sending to any external recipient.

I think it may be the spam filter,but not sure what address may be issuing the receipt. I thought maybe the [email protected] but it does not appear to be.

Comment

I just did a test from my Exchange 2007 server and got a "relayed" receipt saying
        Delivery to these recipients or distribution lists is complete, but delivery notification was not sent by the destination:
        If you dont get that, something is probably up
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X