Outlook 2003 error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 error

Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 for my mail account and i experienced the following problem. first i get this error : "-ERR message number 1283 is too large". I was able to delete that message from the server, but i still can't send and receive mail and i still get that error message but with another number. Please help me, i really need that mail account. I forgot to say that i allready run scanpst.exe for my inbox.

Re: Outlook 2003 error

Try this: Move you pst file to a safe location. Delete your Outlook profile and recreate it. If it works without any errors you can import the contents of the original pst file if needed.

Comment

also neglected to mention that you had posted somewhere else...

did you end up installing office 03 sp3 as they suggested??
      how did that go??

DJ
      Daniel John
      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i still get that error message but with another number
        Is it error number 1?
        Is it error number 2?

This could take some time...
        While we're at it, is it an in-house mail server (e.g. Exchange) or is it an ISP?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by bravoman View Post
          Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 for my mail account and i experienced the following problem. first i get this error : "-ERR message number 1283 is too large". I was able to delete that message from the server, but i still can't send and receive mail and i still get that error message but with another number. Please help me, i really need that mail account. I forgot to say that i allready run scanpst.exe for my inbox.
          You have mentioned Server (plus deleting the message from it) and ScanPST.exe. Did you run scanpst on the OST or are you running a mail Server other than Exchange?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X