Outlook 2003 perfomance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 perfomance

Hi. Our company use Exchange 2003/SBS 2003 software for email. An issue that I want to ask about has a place only for our boss account. We have about 25 user accounts in the list and no one else has same problems. Boss has mailbox stored at server(because need access to it from 3 different computers in company building). Issue is in slow performance of his Outlook 2003. He set up somewhere about 100 different folders in mailbox.When he switches emails in these folders they open with up to 30 sec delay(or more if there is an attachment in email). And the message "Outlook tries to retrieve data from server pops up in the right bottom conner. The size of problematic mailbox is little more then 1Gb.
    I accept all advices how to solve this issue.

Thnaks

Re: Outlook 2003 perfomance

Does he cache emails in Outlook?

Comment

Yes, I switched on cache.

Comment

I wonder if any of the folders have over 5,000 messages in them. Happen to know how big the mailbox is (MB / GB)?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As I stated early - size of mailbox is 1.05Gb. Probably some folders have over 500 emails. I cant check exactly what in there, but from boss words there are not more then 200 in most of them.

Comment

Hi. I found that part of the problem was Symantec Multi-tier Protection. I switch off Outlook emails scan and it start working faster. Now issue still there when Outlook started. Boss said that when he open Outlook new mails are not there until he press Send/Receive. After that it works fine. I also have another user having same issue and her mailbox is about same size as our director mailbox.
            I'm looking now the way to archive part of there mailbox. Problem is that they required full access to emails(from archive as well) from several locations in company and remotely from home. Could you advice solution.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X