X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Calendar entries - not archived

Hi there,
    I've been handed a bit of a puzzler.
    The computer concerned in an XP machine running Outlook 2003.
    It is connected to an Exchange server (direct, not cached).

When I was first called I was told that old calendar entries had gone missing so naturally assumed it was an archive issues. This turns out to be incorrect as some old calendar entries are still there but most are not.

All entries after about the 5th Nov 2008 are fine however both the deleted items and sent items folders show exactly the same. Cleared at that date with some stragglers left in.

This person only uses this computer to connect to the exchange server and it is a few years old (installed April 2006). There is no mobile device synching so I have no explanation as to where this information has gone or why it has gone missing as the only .pst file on this computer is the one that was created as a migration backup in 2006 when the computer was installed.

Some of the data is quite important and the fact that bits of it are still available is what has thrown me.

Anyone got any ideas as to what happened? I suspect the data is long gone but thought it best to see if anyone had any other suggestions..

Re: Missing Clendar entries - not archived

You have probably checked, but are any filters applied to the view?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Assuming it's not the view, you could re-create their Outlook profile and/or check their account via OWA or another computer via a new Outlook profile, or giving yourself access to his mailbox and checking it that way.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have checked the views and through OWA which is why I suspect the data is long gone. Its not on the server and with the lack of any archive files on the PC..

Comment

Working...
        X