Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Appear in Real Text in Outlook 2007

Hi,

I am deeply trouble by an issue recently. One of my users who received an email from our headquarter appear in real text format while the other recipients in the same email receive the email in HTML format. I've compared the configuration in Outlook 2007 with other users, they appeared to be the same. Does anyone of you face this problem before?
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Message Appear in Real Text in Outlook 2007

Hi guys, any idea? i am still having the same problem

Comment

Have you checked all his email settings???

Comment

Sounds like a mail setting is turned off for word and/or html.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Have you checked all his email settings???
          Yes, i counter checked settings between the problematic and the good laptops. Two of them shares the same settings.

We've conducted another testing during the past few days to send html messages from a testing account from outlook exchange server (windows based server, hosted in HQ) to three email accounts under branch domain (linux based server, hosted in a hosting company); we found out in webmail on branch domain that the html messages actually already being trancated to one of the receipients, but the other two could see the formated html messages. This is a very weird problem to us...

Do you guys have any inputs?

Comment

Hi all, We pretty much get this problem resolved. It's due to the recipient's properties settings of Global Address List in our headquarter's Outlook Exchange server. We have to change 'Use MAPI rich text format' to 'Never', to get rid of this problem. Now our users are happy to see nicely formatted email content

Comment

Thanks for posting back with how it was solved. It is much appreciated.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Since its now clearly an Exchange issue, can you tell us which version so we can move it to the correct forum
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X