Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Signature Grad Out

Hi All,
    I need to implement a standard Outlook Signature in my Office.
    So kindly tell me how to disable (Grad out ) the option Signature in Outlook property.
    Please find the attachment for the same. I need to Gradout the En-Circled portion in the Attachment.
    I need the registry path to grad out the signature Or pls let me know any other scripting to do that.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Outlook Signature Grad Out

Could you give us a clue as to what version of Outlook you are using (and the same for Exchange?)

But a general answer is to look at group policy for MS office:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826170/
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi TOM,
      We are using Oulook 2003 at Client end and Exchange Server 2003 in Server.

Can you please give any option to do that via Registry editor keys.
      So that we can make this by the logon script in the DC.

Thanks

Comment

Do it via GPO as Tom has said.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks TOM and wullieb for your Kind Reply.

Hi,
          Please Can any Scripting experts can give me an idea for creating the script for the this scenario.
          Thanks in Advance....!

Please let me know in case if it is impossible.

Thanks

Comment

What don't you like about GPOs?
            You are wanting to re-invent the wheel by writing a script to modify a registry key (and probably make it impossible to return to its original state).
            Microsoft offer you a GPO to do the same thing, on the fly, with far less risk of problems and definitely "least administrative effort"

Cast your mind back to your training courses for the 70-290 exam (core to your MCSA) and the rationale in using Group Policy rather than other methods to do something
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I totally agree with Tom...

GPOs are easy to do/undo, whereas if you do each little change manually it's gonna be hell if you realise down the road that you no longer need that change..

DJ
              Daniel John
              A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
              ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Working...
              X