Sync Issues w/ Netsky virus in OL2K3 and Exchange 2000, SAV8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync Issues w/ Netsky virus in OL2K3 and Exchange 2000, SAV8

I am running Outlook 2003 connecting to our corporate Exchange 2000 server which is using the Symantec Antivirus 8.0 Exchange Filter to scan for viruses in real-time in email.

I have Outlook configured to run in cached exchange mode. For some reason the SAV filter is allowing emails with the Netsky virus into mailboxes even though it does indeed detect the virus. Outlook will not allow the offline folder to be updated with the infected mail, however, so the "Sync Issues" folder simply piles up issue after issue indeifinitely until I take Outlook out of CEM, restart it, delete the infected mail, and then put it back itno CEM. No other mail is updated to the offline folder during this time, either, as the sync is interrupted apparently by the virus issue.

Is there some reason that SAV cannot delete the mail instead of putting it in the mailbox, like it does for all other virus infected mail? Anyone else hear anything about this issue?

TIA

You want SAV not delete e-mail?
    You can define the actions taken by the SAV right?
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

SAV is configured to delete the mail currently. For some reason it will not delete the messages with Netsky virus, but allows them to be delivered to the mailbox.

Comment

What kind of settings do you have in actions taken when a new virus is found?
        MCSE w2k
        MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Working...
        X