No announcement yet.

Internal mail problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal mail problems

Hi, I'm new to the community. I'm looking forward participating in resolving futur issues for other members.

I just installed Outlook 2003 at my job for a few new machines who used to work with outlook 97/2000...

Sending and receiving email is great as long as its not an internal mail. I read a bit and it seems that the old Microsoft Mail functionnality is not part of outlook 2003. And correct me if I'm wrong, i think that it was somewhat replaced by Microsoft Exchange Server.

I work with people who got no idea whatsoever about computers. I myself isnt much of an IT guy but more of a C# programmer. I tried configuring an Exchange Server on my own machine for test purposes. There IS a server around with a Domain controller. It's an old NT4...

I dunno if this thread is clear enough for someone to help, any help or clue would be terrific.

thank you and have a nice day!

Re: Internal mail problems

What are you using for your mailserver:
    Microsoft Exchange (in house)?
    Other software e.g. Kerio (in house)?
    Hosted Exchange (external)?
    POP3 (external)?
    IMAP (external)?
    Something else?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I've got a POP3 external account. But still some people would like to have both External and Internal (which is i think the Exchange Server). I'm still a bit new to IT and any help is appreciated.

I would contact a consultant in your area as you may need to do more than install Exchange.

Exchange 2000 upwards needs AD to work anyway so with an old NT4 box you'd be unable to get it working.

Alright thank you very much for your time