No announcement yet.

Outlook + plaxo problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook + plaxo problem

Hi all,

I have an issue with a laptop that is doing my head in and I am hoping someone here can help. This system runs Windows XP MCE w/ SP3 and all updates. It has Outlook 2007 SP2 installed, which is a fresh install I performed recently and the user runs Plaxo and a couple of other add-ins (MAPILab Add Contacts, Adobe PDFmaker).

When he has Plaxo installed, Outlook becomes very unstable and will lock up consistently when receiving new e-mails or switching between e-mail already in the inbox. It's a simple configuration, just a POP3 account with a PST file. As soon as I disable/remove Plaxo the issues are gone. The other add-ins don't seem to be causing any issue since Outlook still plays up when the other add-ins are disabled.

The other strange thing is that scanpst is reporting errors every time I check the file, it's only one single error in the file according to the scanpst log, however it never manages to repair it. Any ideas/suggestions?. Plaxo simply told me the issue is with Outlook and to see Microsoft.
    Last edited by oztrailrider; 22nd May 2009, 06:16. Reason: specified OS and service packs.

Re: Outlook + plaxo problem

Anything in the Application Event log?
    What about processes and CPU use?

The solution seems fairly obvious -- remove Plaxo
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      The solution seems fairly obvious -- remove Plaxo
      I agree.

I would even contemplate disabling the add-in if they really need Plaxo.

If the PST is behaving poorly then how big is it? Was it upgraded from previous versions? (2GB max if it is ANSI format)

How about creating a new PST. Opening Outlook with that as primary and seeing if you still have issues? If not import contacts in and test, the calendar items etc etc.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?