Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user profile!

Hi to all,

I will reinstall the Domain Controller and then clients have to rejoin the domain once again. Problem is when clients logon it will create new user profiles. I can copy the old user profile to new one(desktop preferences etc will come back). But outlook profile is not come up. I have to manually import outlook.pst file. Am I right? If I import just the pst or dbx file everthing related to outlook or outlook express will come back or not?

Is there any easy way or a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Re: New user profile!

OK, you split this from your original post, which is sort of like double posting, which is against the forum rules. Go back to your original post and read the replies there.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      OK, you split this from your original post, which is sort of like double posting, which is against the forum rules. Go back to your original post and read the replies there.
      I think it will be more convenient to post here. But I guess you are right. Please delete it.
      Last edited by ctopaloglu; 21st May 2009, 16:12.

Comment

Basically, you can create a new profile and copy in PST files (outlook) and DXB files (OE)
        Don't forget the Outlook NK2 file which holds the address lookup

But I think we need to find out more about your environment - are you using Exchange?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Basically, you can create a new profile and copy in PST files (outlook) and DXB files (OE)
          Don't forget the Outlook NK2 file which holds the address lookup

But I think we need to find out more about your environment - are you using Exchange?
          Not yet. After reinstalling domain controller we will be. One question after I install the exchange server 2003. Will the users have to logon from their clients? Because most of them are not in the domain.

Comment

Your client computers do not need to be in the domain, but the exchange mailboxes must be attached to a domain account so the users will need a domain logon to access them

Why are "most not in the domain"?
            Please give us a better idea about your setup instead of drip feeding bits of information across both your threads -- they are clearly related!
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X