Outlook 2003 Auto Suggest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Auto Suggest

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I have just enabled Auto complete and Auto Suggest in our GPO.

When typing part of a name in our organisation I have emailed before, it lists the name as expected but in brackets next to it, it doesn't always display the smtp address, it shows a SID or GUID.

So for example: Andrew Pretty <598bf249-b6067261-90256c1b-2d0c9d>

I have no idea where this address is coming from.

For external addresses it displays the smtp address.

Does anybody know how to get the smtp address displaying for Internal users?

p.S this may need to be moved under the Exchange Forum.

Thanks

Pdog

Re: Outlook 2003 Auto Suggest

It sounds like it's displaying the LegacyExchangeDN. Does this happen only when you're sending an email or does it happen to everybody? Did you migrate from Exchange 5 or another email system? What version of Exchange are you running?

Comment

We migrated from Lotus Domino to Exchange 2003 SP2

It's happening to the rest of our organisation.

Comment

That's what I thought. I think it's a "disconnect" between the nickname cache and the actual recipient's migrated email address. The email address that shows up now was in the nickname cache before the migration is my guess. Here's what I would do: Delete these entries from the nickname cache, create new entries by sending these recipients emails and typing out their full email addresses in the TO: field. If this works, then everyone will have to do this for any address in their cache that shows the LegacyExchangeDN.

Comment

Thanks,

I have deleted the cache before, but I didn't resend the email using the SMTP address.

I'll give this a go and post back my findings.

Edit: I have tried typing the full smtp address and it still remembers the LegacyDN
          Last edited by Pdog; 15th May 2009, 12:51.

Comment

You are correct in that it is showing my LegacyExchangeDN, just opened Adsiedit and confirmed.
            Last edited by Pdog; 15th May 2009, 13:23.

Comment

Let us know how you make out with it.

Comment

Working...
              X